Cockroaches are one of the most common pests that invade our homes. They keep roaming around everywhere in our home which ruins our home environment or beauty. Not only that but also they carry harmful germs with them which can cause you or your family members to fall ill in no time. They are very fearless creatures and getting rid of them is not an easy task. So, it is very important that you do something for cockroach pest control.
You can take help from the best pest control services in Hornsby which will be the best option but it will cost lots of your money. Don’t worry there are some home remedies available by which you can do cockroach pest control easily.
In this article, you will get to know how you can get rid of cockroaches on your own.
What Attracts Cockroaches? How to remove them?
Cockroaches are basically attracted to dirt or humid places. So, if you want the remedies to work which are shared in this article, then, do make sure that no food spills or water spills are leftover where cockroaches can thrive.
- Leave no dirty dishes in the sink: Well, the most common cause of cockroach invasion in your home is dirty dishes. It is very necessary that you wash your dirty dishes properly and immediately after you eat. You should never leave your dirty dishes overnight
- Clear up your garbage: Overflowing garbage cans can be the reason behind cockroach infestation in your home. For cockroach control you need to clean up your garbage from your home. You should always use garbage cans with lids which will help you to maintain your hygiene. To dispose of your garbage waste regularly.
- Scoop up all the food crumbs: Food crumbs attract the cockroaches a lot and especially you will be able to find cockroaches near food crumbs and leftovers. So, you better clean up the food crumbs and spills from your home. And, also keep your kitchen clean.
Home remedies for cockroach pest control
Home remedies are very effective, so you don’t have to worry you can rely on them. Let’s see some home remedies:
- Sprinkle a pinch of boric acid: Boric acid is one of the best things to use for cockroach pest control. All you have to do is to sprinkle some of the boric acids in the corners of your home as the cockroaches usually live or build their colonies in the corners, so you better don’t leave any corner in your home. And, top of that boric acid powder is poisonous, so make sure that it does not come into contact with children or pets.
- Baking soda: Well, baking soda is also a useful thing which we have in our home. Baking soda is a very effective remedy when it comes to killing cockroaches. All you have to do is to identify the area of cockroach infestation and sprinkle baking soda on that area. That’s it. Your work is done
- Neem: Neem is the oldest remedy that we have on our list for cockroach pest control. Not only cockroaches but also keeps all other kinds of pests away from your home. Mix neem oil with water and spray it on that area where you have spotted a cockroach infestation. And if you are using neem powder then just sprinkle it.
So, these are some of the remedies for professional pest control services, follow them and get rid of cockroaches.